State of States report 3-22-17
- Museum-based teacher professional development: Peabody Fellows in earth science. Pickering, J., Ague, J. J., Rath, K. A., Heiser, D. M., and Sirch, J. N. Journal of Geoscience Education, 2012.
- Administrative Perspectives on the Implementation of One‐to‐One Computing. Oliver, K., Mollette, M. and Corn, J. (2012). Journal of Information Technology and Application in Education, 1(4), 125-142.
- Impact of supplemental instruction in entry-level chemistry courses at a midsized public university. Rath, K. A., Peterfreund, A. R., Bayliss, F., Runquist, E., and Simonis, U. Journal of Chemical Education, 2012.
- A technology plan that works. Overbay, A., Mollette, M. and Vasu, E. (2011). A technology plan that works. Educational Leadership, 68 (5), 56-59.
- Minority students severely underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Slovacek, S. P., Whittinghill, J. C., Tucker, S., Peterfreund, A. R., Rath, K. A., Kuehn, G. D., and Reinke, Y. G. Journal of STEM Education: Innovations and Research, 2011.
- Grand challenges in educational psychology. Osborne, J.W. and Mollette, M.J. (2010). Grand challenges in educational psychology. Frontiers in Educational Psychology 1:157. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2010.00157
- Institutional Transformation: Establishing a Commitment to Research and Student Success. Frank Bayliss, Alan Peterfreund, and Kenneth Rath. Broadening Participation in Undergraduate Research, Council of Undergraduate Research; Mary Boyd and Jodi L. Wesemann ed., 2009.
- Georgia Computes: Improving the Entire Computing Engineering Pipeline. Bruckman, A., Biggers, M., Ericson, B., McKlin, T., Dimond, J.,DiSalvo, B., Hewner, M., Ni, L. and Yardi, S. (2008). Georgia Computes: Improving the Entire Computing Education Pipeline. In Proceedings of the 40th SIGCSE technical symposium on computer science education, ACM, Chattanooga, TN, USA, 2008.
- The Impact of Supplemental Instruction on Students in STEM Courses: Results from San Francisco State University. Alan Peterfreund, Kenneth Rath, Samuel Xenos, and Frank Bayliss. Journal of College Student Retention, 2008.
- Supplemental Instruction in Introductory Biology I: Enhancing the Performance and Retention of Underrepresented Minority Students. Kenneth Rath, Alan Peterfreund, Samuel Xenos, Frank Bayliss, and Nancy Carnal. CBE-Life Sciences Education, 2007.
- ChemPrep: A Self-Paced, Online Preparatory Course for General Chemistry. Beatrice Botch, Roberta Day, William Vining, Kenneth Rath, Barbara Stewart, David Hart, and Alan Peterfreund. Journal of Chemical Education, 2007.
- Incorporating the Perspective of Multiple Stakeholders Into the Evaluation of Educational Technology. Alan Peterfreund, Kenneth Rath, and David Hart. Submitted to Journal of Int’l Forum of Ed. Tech. & Society, 2005.
- The Effect of Web-Based Homework on Test Performance in Large Enrollment Introductory Physics Classes. Robert Dufresne, Jose Mestre, David Hart, and Kenneth Rath. Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching, 2002.
- Broadening Participation in Computing: K12-Community-College-University-Graduate Pathways. W. Richards Adrion, Sharon Biskup, Deborah Boisvert, Lori Clarke, Jane Fountain, Priscilla Grocer, Sue Mackler, Alan Peterfreund, Kenneth Rath, Adrienne Smith, Diane Snyder, and Alana Wiens. Paper presented at the 38th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, Saratoga Springs, NY, 2008.
- OWL: A Decade of Formative and Summative Evaluation. Kenneth Rath, Alan Peterfreund, and David Hart. Paper presented at the 20th Biennial Conference on Chemical Education, Bloomington, IN, 2008.
- With Support Structures in Place, Buying Student Time for Research Yields Significant Outcomes. Alan Peterfreund, Kenneth Rath, and Frank Bayliss. Paper presented at the 2nd Annual Conference on Understanding Interventions That Encourage Minorities to Pursue Research Careers, Atlanta, GA, 2008.
- The Role of Research in Enhancing Students’ Academic and Career Success. Alan Peterfreund, Kenneth Rath, and Frank Bayliss. Paper presented at the AAAS Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 2007.
- The Impact of Supplementary Instruction on Underrepresented Minority Students. Kenneth Rath, Alan Peterfreund, Frank Bayliss, Nina Javaher, and Glenn Kuehn. Paper presented at the AAAS Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 2007.
- Large-Scale Evaluation of the Effects of Supplemental Instruction at San Francisco State University. Kenneth Rath, Alan Peterfreund, Samuel Xenos, and Frank Bayliss.. Paper presented at Evaluation 2006, 20th Annual Conference, American Evaluation Association, Portland, OR, 2006.
- Impact of Supplemental Instruction on Students in STEM Courses. Alan Peterfreund and Kenneth Rath.. Presentation through the STEM Educational Institute Seminar Series, Amherst, MA, 2006.
- NIH MORE R.E.S.U.L.T.S. Research and Evaluation of Students Using Long Term Studies. Alan Peterfreund. Presentation to the MORE Staff, Bethesda, MD, 2006.
- ChemPrep: Self-Paced OWL Preparation for General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry. Beatrice Botch, Roberta Day, William Vining, Stephen Hixson, Peter Samal, Kenneth Rath, and Alan Peterfreund. Presentation at the 229th ACS National Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2005.
Education research and evaluation for K–12 and higher education